Other Committees take various forms but are also critical to ensuring HEA member voice in District decisions and to strengthen HEA connections within our membership and with our families and community.
Each of the following external committees includes one HEA Representative, appointed by the HEA President.
- HSD Capital Facilities Committee (CFAC)
- HSD World Language Advisory Committee
- Highline Schools Foundation
- District Safety Teams: Every building should have one District Safety Lead Point of Contact per state regs.
- King County Labor Council - Delegates are elected by the HEA Rep Council
Each of the following is HEA member-driven professional advocacy groups that meet on a regular basis and welcome participation from HEA members.
- Highline Anti-Racist White Educators - merged w/ RECN (Rainier Educators of Color Network)
- Highline Arts Coalition (open to families and community members, as well as HEA members)
For more information about joining any of these committees or groups, please contact Sandy Hunt, HEA President.